Tours are designed for locals and tourist alike. If you are interested in a fun and fulfilling tour then we can point your tummy in the right direction. We want to introduce everyone to the amazing food culture we have here in Houston and Surrounding areas while giving you an intriguing insider’s view on local history and a way of life that characterizes Texas.
CityCentre “Pat and Turn” Food Tour
Get ready to savor some of the flavors of CityCentre’s (pronounced “center”) best tasting fare. There are so many restaurants to choose from which is why we call it a “Pat and Turn” food tour. To see another restaurant all you do is “pat” your feet and “turn” the corner! This walking food tour explores CityCentre’s less visited establishments and secrets that even locals do not know. Join us to see how the locals get around the Centre in the beautiful landscaped area. You will taste some of the best tasting along the way. All restaurants are sit down and beverages are always available for purchase.
All food tastings are included in the Bite Size Tour ticket price. Here is a sampling of what you can expect to enjoy on the ‘Pat and Turn” Tour (always subject to change and frequently do):
- Sal and Pimento– A local establishment featuring South American Cuisine. Learn what makes this tasting more delicious than the last. See why their all natural meat style is to die for.
- Taste authentic Parisian Crepes made to order that makes your stomach growl from just the smell! Courtesy of Sweet Paris. You might not leave with JUST your Bite Sized sample!
- CityCentre is truly a city treasure. See the beautiful architecture and the cleverly built residences in the middle of this shopping mecca.
- Texas de Brazil Brazilian Steakhouse is a family-owned and operated restaurant company providing traditional Brazilian hospitality and cuisine to thousands of guests each day. It has been a CityCenter staple. This is where the locals go for any occasion especially when they want Brazilian culinary treats Texas style.
- Learn about City Centre’s landmarks and the fabulous Hotel Sorella, featuring 255 room with some available for purchase! Think of it as the hotel you would want to call home! Com see how the locals get around CityCentre and have some fun along the way! Your taste buds will thank you.
We are constantly updating, re-inventing and fine-tuning the tours to create the ultimate food & cultural journey that is current, historically accurate and tastes some of the best bites around. We do our best to delicately and seamlessly blend local culture with delicious food.
“Flavors of Sugar Land” Food Tour
Enjoy some of the city’s best local flavors just a short walk from Oyster Creek with Bite Size Tours leading the way! Bite Size Food Tours explores the beauty and history of Sugar Land, experiencing local and unique eats along the way. We will walk to three to four different food tastings (enough to satisfy your appetite) which are included in the ticket price: (restaurants are subject to change).
We will meet in Sugar Land near the intersection of Hwy. 50 and Highway 6. Locals know it as the Southwest Houston area. It is a perfect spot rich with activity and history.
Tastings may include
- Mouthwatering melt off the bone BBQ beef ribs! Just please, hold the ketchup! No need to dilute the flavor. That’s what you are in Texas for right?!?!
- We take great care to carefully choose the places you will visit and the food offerings so that you experience the best walking food tour.
- How about some special Texas Taters! See the amazing things that can be done to Irish potatoes.
- Yes, there are Chef special’s specially picked out at a couple of our stops. Can’t wait to see what they pick out for us each tour. They pick, we eat!
- Of course SEAFOOD is a food tour favorite so we try and make sure that you get your fill of this fresh and flavorful item carefully prepared with choices to boot. You do not want to miss this.
- DRINKS– depending on the tour, drinks may be included but your guide will be sure to let you know. This includes alcoholic and non-alcohol beverages (of course, they are always available for purchase). Water is always available.
- DESSERT – If you have SAVORY then there must be some SWEET. We keep it a surprise so leave some room in your tummy for this delightful part of the tasting tour.
- Learn about Sugar Land and some interesting trivia about the area. Did you know the name is actually two separate verbs! It is often incorrectly written as one word.
BE ON TIME and Come hungry!
BITE SIZE TOUR INFORMATION
- Tours are walking tours, and days and times varies so check our calendar. Tours generally last 3 to 3.5 hours. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing and dress for rain or shine….or snow!
- All Bite Size guests will receive food from each “Bite Size” food stop.
- Our tour guides are the best! Gratuities for them are always greatly appreciated.
- Menu items vary, so come hungry! Vegetarian options are available – please let us know in advance. We apologize, but we cannot accommodate vegan or gluten free dietary restrictions.
- Click here to check current schedule and ticket availability
- Sugar Land Flavors of Bite Size Tour exact meeting location are provided upon ticket purchase confirmation.
- Please note that participating Bite Size food stops may be substituted due to seasonal and/or unexpected circumstances which may cause a change in the offerings discussed here. Please be flexible.
- Capacity is 13 guests per walking tour. Email us for custom tours.
- For additional questions, please first check our FAQs page. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!